Saturday, May 23, 2015

Behold the Hand Behold the Nail


I just made this as a going away gift for my neighbors and it turned out quite well considering I had no idea what I was doing in the process required to put this together, all I had was a picture in my head to begin. In my normal fashion I began adding and changing things about this particular little sculpture but it never look quite right until I prayed about it when I got the message that simple and bold is exactly what the message to mankind was so just keep the simple message in picture form and let it do it's own work on behalf of the Gospel.
In the end I still felt it necessary to ad something that would personalize the new conversation piece so the chains at the base represent the family, the black iron chain is the family's Father and the gold and silver chains are interwoven within the links of the iron chain represent the wife and child forever linked to each other and all 3 of their lives are based on and lived for the "Message of the Cross".

The resin molded hand is mounted on an beautiful agate plate of blue and white and the nail is very real and was made in a 2000 year old blacksmith shop in Turkey that actually did make iron hardware, including iron crucifixion nails for the Roman army during the time of Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment