Monday, September 19, 2016

"Do you know the name of GOD?

I recently read Rabbi Johnathan Cahn's new book "The Book of Mysteries", an excellent book and a wonderful daily guide to the mysteries of GOD and his infinite love for His creation, us. I highly recommend this fine work for it is spirit filled and an additional gift from GOD to all believers. You will be blessed and your heart will be renewed and spirit filled. I have taken the liberty of expounding and connecting a few of the profound ideas Rabbi Cahn has touched upon here in his fine book and may great thanks and blessing find the Rabbi and his family and may blessings be upon the Holy Spirit for conveying these jewels to one whom can so easily transfer these deep things of GOD into simple terms for those of us who understand simple things.

"Do you know the name of GOD?

I have wondered about this subject since I was a boy when I heard "call upon the name of the Lord", my first question was always OK, and what name is that? Assuming, as I did that Howard was not his true name as my cousins tried repeatedly to tell me that we know His name because of the "Our Father" prayer, "Our Father who art in Heaven Horward be thy name,..."

Perhaps a little levity but it is amazing how confused young catholic boys can become when faced with such nonsense and unfortunately that confusion carry's on into adulthood as I can attest. I asked for the true name of God so that I may include His name in my prayers because the Bible says "If you call upon my name". GOD stated to Moses in Genesis 3:4 "
"And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you."

" I AM THAT I AM " in the English vernacular would be hayah. HaYah is a verb but verb of action.

God has included himself in your speech everyday whether you realize this or not, for you say, as an introduction, " I am Paul " I am using God's name prior to my name so God comes first in my life, again, whether you know it or not. YHVH means I AM. His name is woven into the fabric of your life and very existence, you cannot speak of yourselves in a proper way without saying His Name first. I t is rather like a trademark that identify you as a product made by Him. You only exist because of his I AM.

The secret to life is to understand that you live your life for and by HIM, allow yourself to see your actions coming from Him, that the emotions you feel in your heart flow from Him, the words you speak are originally from him. Keep all this in mind before you add to or take away from the things you say and do for a truth heart understand that your being is from God and therefore let God be Preeminent in your life. 


19 September 2016 

No comments:

Post a Comment